As the show is fast approaching, I would like to draw your attention to the following important information to ensure your participation is smooth and your results maximised.
Please share this information with your team
Move - In
Space ONLY Exhibitors
Exhibitors and contractors who are building space only stands will have access between the following hours to set up:
|Friday||26th July||2pm -10pm|
|Saturday||27th July||7am - 10pm|
These access times must be adhered to and will be enforced onsite to enable us to ensure a smoother move in for all exhibitors/contractors. We ask everyone involved to adhere to the schedules and demonstrate patience. Inappropriate behaviour and not following the rules will not be tolerated
- Our Operations team has allocated specific move in times and loading dock access for larger stands. If you have any questions regarding the move in schedule, please contact our Operations Manager
- Please liaise with your stand builder regarding a suitable time for you to dress and stock your stand.
- Vehicles must be moved from the loading dock area as soon as unloading is completed.
- Only vehicles over 1.8m high can access the loading dock, all other vehicles will be redirected to the BCEC car park
- Vehicles under 1.8m can access the Hall 4 from the BCEC Car park utilising Lift 2 & 3.
- Please ensure all stands are finished by 10pm on Saturday 27 July. STRICTLY NO ACCESS on the morning of show open for any stand build or construction. Contractors will not be given access on the opening morning. All tools, ladders, building equipment, rubbish and storage must be removed by 10pm on Saturday 27 July. If it is left in the halls overnight, it may be deemed as rubbish and removed.
Shell Sheme Exhibitors
Exhibitors will have access between the following hours to set up:
|Saturday||27th July||8:00am - 10:00pm|
- For safety reasons, there will be STRICTLY NO ENTRY for exhibitors prior to 8am 27th July
- Shell scheme stands will be ready to be occupied on Saturday 27 July 2019 at 8.00am
These times are for exhibitors to deliver their goods and set up their stands
- Large deliveries can be made through the loading dock, Hall 4.
- Only vehicles over 1.8m high can access the loading dock, all other vehicles will be redirected to the BCEC car park
- Vehicles under 1.8m can access the Hall 4 from the BCEC Car park utilising Lift 2 & 3.
- Vehicles must be moved from the loading dock area as soon as unloading is completed. A maximum of 15 minutes is allowed on the dock for unloading and fines may be issued if this time is exceeded.
- Upon arrival please check your stand is built to your order. Any problems relating to your stand construction please see Moreton Hire, their customer service desk will be located at the front of Hall 4.
- Please ensure all stands are entirely finished by 10pm on Saturday 27 July. There will be STRICTLY NO ACCESS on the morning of show open for any stand build or construction. Contractors will not be given access on the opening morning. All tools, ladders, building equipment, rubbish and storage must be removed by 10pm on Saturday 27 July. If it is left in the halls overnight, it may be deemed as rubbish and removed.
- All stands must be completely dressed, and all rubbish removed from the premises by 10.00pm on Saturday 27 July.
- All stands must be completed by 10.30am Sunday 28th July and ready for the opening of Show at 11am
Power to the stand will be turned off the evenings of Sunday 28th and Monday 29th July. If you require 24hr power to your stand, please contact our Operations Manager
The opening hours are as follows:
|The opening hours are as follows:|
|Sunday||28th July||11:00am - 4:00pm|
|Monday||29th July||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||30th July||10:00am - 3:00pm|
Exhibitors will be able to gain entry from 8.00am each day of the show. Access to your stand is for stand dressing and product replenishing only.
The Organiser’s Office will be located upstairs at the front of Hall 4
Ph: +61 7 3308 3390
Space Only Stands
Exhibitors booking space only sites are responsible for the construction of their exhibit which must meet all requirements of the exhibition and the authorities. Each exhibitor is responsible for erecting a partition wall 2.5 meters in height between the exhibitor’s site and the adjoining site. Exhibitors wishing to erect partitions exceeding 2.5 meters must obtain written approval from Diversified Communications (FoodTech Qld). Where permission is granted, the exhibitor becomes responsible for both sides of the partition wall above 2.5 meters. It must be of solid construction, suitably decorated on the reverse side and to the requirements of the adjoining exhibitor but carry no advertising material where the elevation overlooks the neighbouring stand. All Space Only stand designs need prior approval from the Organisers. Please submit directly to our Operations Manager.
Shell Scheme Stands
Shell scheme stands include walls, carpet, lighting and fascia with the name and stand number of the exhibitor. Please Note: Power Points are not included with Shell Scheme stands and can be ordered through Moreton Hire
The company name style is uniform, and the fascia may not be altered or covered in any way. Exhibitors shall be liable for any damages to the stand structure incurred during the exhibition.
Exhibitor Name Badges
Each person working on your stand requires an exhibitor badge.
A week prior to the exhibition each staff member registered will receive an email with their registration barcode, please ensure you bring this with you onsite; either on your smart phone, tablet or print-out in order to print your badge onsite. Name badges can be printed from the Organiser’s Office located upstairs at the front of Hall 4 from 2pm on Saturday 27th July.
Please ensure that you have Registered to avoid delays onsite.
Note: Exhibitor badges are non-transferable.
Work Health and Safety Check List
Work Health & Safety (WHS) is a major priority for Diversified Communications Australia and the venue. Diversified Communications Australia will aim to create and maintain a safe working environment for all contractors, exhibitors and visitors.
To comply with these standards please note the following requirements in relation to your participation in the Expo.
In particular we have implemented the following:
- The wearing of safety vests will be enforced by the organiser and security staff during move in and move out. It is expected that stand contractors will supply safety vests for their own staff. Diversified Communications will provide loan safety vests for exhibitors and will have a supply of these at each open loading dock and concourse door during move in and move out.
- No children of 15 years or under will be allowed on site during move in and move out.
- No open toe shoes to be worn during move in and move out in the exhibition centre or on the loading dock.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden during move in and move out.
Please ensure that if you are booking a SPACE ONLY site that you provide the name of your stand builder for custom built stands by completing the Stand Design Requirements Form. All Stand builders must forward a copy of their PLI Insurance, Workcover and WH&S policy to Diversified Communications Australia before they will be permitted on site. Please submit directly to our Operations Manager.
A number of aisles have been designated as clear ways for forklifts and pedestrians. These will also be indicated on-site with signage. In order to maintain a safe working site, no stock can be placed in these aisles and all aisles should remain clear as possible during construction and dismantling.
Click here to down load the current clear aisle floor plan.
BCEC recognises it has a responsibility to provide for the health and safety of Clients, Patrons, Exhibitors and Agents.
All Emergency services need to be coordinated through the Event security to ensure that the emergency vehicles are given the correct information. All security staff are qualified in First Aid procedures. For any first aid requirements please visit security on the show floor or go to the Organiser’s office where security can be contacted.
In the event of an emergency, one of two alarms may sound:
Alert alarm – “Beep! Beep! Beep!” This is a warning alarm to notify everyone of a possible emergency. If it sounds, please stand by for further instructions.
Evacuation alarm – “Whoop! Whoop!” This alarm means all occupants must evacuate. When it sounds, wardens will direct everyone to leave via the nearest exits quickly but calmly and assemble at the nearest evacuation point where they are to remain until BCEC staff advise that it is safe to return.
Deliveries to your stand need to be carefully managed to avoid any delays or damage.
Space only exhibitors may start deliveries from 2:00pm Friday 26th July if their stand-builder will accept them
Shell scheme exhibitors may deliver goods from 8:00am on Saturday 27th July
- The loading dock is strictly used for drop off/pick up of goods. To keep the loading dock moving please move your vehicle away from this area as soon as you have finished unloading. Parking is limited to 15 minutes on the loading dock area and cars may be fined if left on the dock for a period longer than this. Please liaise directly with the loading dock staff should you require additional time to unload. All vehicles under 1.8m will be directed to use the car park beneath the venue to avoid .
- If you are using a courier company, please take care to attach a completed Delivery Label to each item. As most couriers will not leave goods without a signature we recommend that a member of your staff be present during deliveries. The Organisers cannot accept deliveries on your behalf.
- If you require a Forklift, please contact Agility to book a time. Forklifts may be booked on-site but there may be a delay and additional costs. Hand trolleys may be borrowed at no charge from the Agility service desk. Photo identification will be required to ‘borrow a trolley’. For safety reasons, trolleys will not be allowed on the exhibition floor once the exhibition is open.
- Deliveries cannot be made during the open hours of the exhibition. Exhibitors can gain entry from 8am prior to the show opening each day for deliveries and re-stocking stands. If necessary, please organise deliveries each morning at least 30 minutes prior to opening time. Delivery vehicles may use loading dock each morning.
If you need to speak to one of the official suppliers during move-in please visit their site desk. The following official suppliers will have a customer service desk on-site during move-in:
|Electrical & Lighting Supplier||Moreton Hire||Front of Hall 4|
|Furniture Hire||Moreton Hire||Front of Hall 4|
|Stand Trackers||InfoSalons||Registration desk on the Concourse|
|Audio Hire & Equipment Hire||MicroHire||Contact via Organisers Office|
|Rigging||Clifton Productions||Contact via Organiser's Office|
|Freight, Storage & Forklift||Agility||Onsite Desk front of Loading Dock|
If you are using your own trades’ people, make sure that they are suitably qualified and adhere to the rules and regulations of the exhibition. All electrical or plumbing work must be carried out by the official contractor.
BCEC Safety Induction
All Exhibitors are required to complete a BCEC Safety Induction if they are onsite during the move-in and move-out.
The organiser’s have divided the stand construction from the stand dressing (i.e. stock up and decoration of stand) phase of the move in and move out. Space only exhibitors are encouraged to enforce this deadline with their contractors. Any persons who will be onsite during the construction phase will require a Construction Induction card
Construction Induction Card (White Card)
Queensland Work Health and Safety regulations require that every person who is on site during the stand construction or dismantle phase of the exhibition work must hold a general construction induction card, (also known as a ‘white card’).
The erection of temporary stands, booths, rigging etc. is now classed as construction work and Queensland
Regulations laws require that:
- A person conducting a business or undertaking must ensure that general construction induction training has been provided to a worker engaged by the person who is to carry out construction work and that the worker holds a general construction induction training card.
- Relevant people and workers cannot start construction work unless they hold general construction induction training evidence.
Queensland recognises that the use of equivalent interstate general construction induction cards in Queensland.
Companies with outstanding amounts will not be allowed to occupy their stand. For information on accounts please contact Account Receivable on +61 3 9261 4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no on-site storage available at the show. If you require storage, please organise to have excess stock or packing materials removed before the opening of the show.
Please contact Agility for storage service or materials and handling inquires
Security Guards will be on duty throughout the exhibition however for practical and legal reasons organiser’s are unable to accept responsibility for any loss or damage to persons or personal property. No Exceptions: Exhibitors must have adequate property and public liability insurance in connection with the exhibition. We strongly advise you that all personal belongings are secure at all times during move-in, exhibition times and move-out.
For any additional services we strongly recommend that orders are placed before their due date to avoid disappointment or a late surcharge fee. Sometimes these services can be booked on-site but the cost is generally much higher and often subject to availability.
For any additional services please visit the Exhibitor Services Website.
Test & Tagging
All electrical equipment must be tested & tagged in accordance with the Australian Standard 3760. For further information contact Moreton Hire
The BCEC provides undercover parking for up to 1500 vehicles, with direct lift access to the centre’s multiple convention floors and exhibition facilities.
The car park is open 24 hours a day and should you require assistance, please use the intercom located at the pay stations or exit gates to talk to one of the BCEC staff.
Monday – Sunday
0-2 hours: $15.00
2-3 hours: $20.00
3-4 hours: $25.00
4 + hours: $35.00
Maximum daily rate: $35.00
24 hour parking from time of entry to time of exit the following day
Early Bird: $16.00
Enter before 9am, exit between 3pm-6pm (Mon-Fri only)
Discounted parking is available for Exhibitors for the flat rate of $17. Click here for the QR discount code
Vehicles on stand
Any exhibitor who is planning to include a vehicle on their stand must notify the Organisers of their intentions no later than 21 days prior to commencement of the exhibition.
The Organisers requires details of the delivery together with details of the dimensions and weight of the vehicle. Upon arrival a set of keys must be supplied to the Organisers Office for the duration of the event. BCEC Security retains the right to inspect any vehicle leaving the premises after unloading/loading before, during and after the exhibition.
In the interests of public safety and security, exhibitors planning to include a vehicle on their stand are requested to comply with the following:
- Place a drip tray underneath vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicles carry no more than 5L of fuel (not including fuel that may be present in the fuel line and engine). Lock/Seal fuel tanks to prevent removal by third parties.
- For vehicles fueled by ethanol, methanol or nitro methane, the fuel tanks must be completely empty
- Place carpet under tyres.
Food and Beverage Sampling
The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre reserves the sole right for the provision of Food and Beverage within the building.
To sample food or beverages at the venue you must submit a Food Sampling Request form through the BCEC Online Portal for Management approval. (Please select FoodTech Qld. The form can be found and uploaded on the Sampling Guidelines page) Exhibitors will not be allowed to sample without prior approval from the BCEC
For more information please visit Food & Beverage Sampling
BCEC have the exclusive rights to supply and sell any food and drink for consumption within the venue. A full range of take-away items will be available from the food outlets within the exhibition halls.
If you are sampling your core product (food or beverage samples) please contact the Event Coordinator for further information.
For on-stand catering/hospitality please log in to the BCEC Online Portal to submit orders (Please select FoodTech Qld and enter stand details)
Public Address System
During the open period of the exhibition the public-address system can only be used in an emergency situation. The paging of exhibitors or visitors is not possible, but messages may be left at the Organiser’s.
The FoodTech Qld official printed show guide features in the July/Aug issue of What’s New in Food Technology & Manufacturing. Copies of the magazine will be available for visitors free of charge at each entrance.
Show Attendee List Scam
WARNING: HOAX THIRD PARTY EMAILS AND LETTERS
Please be aware that FoodTech Qld has been the target of groups trying to take advantage of the event’s size and success. Some exhibitors are getting phone calls and e-mail messages from individuals offering all types of services from fake exhibition directories and attendee databases, to travel/hotel arrangements and transportation services.
FoodTech Qld and its official vendors do not sell, rent or distribute attendee lists in any way, nor do we send e-mails via Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail accounts. All official communication comes from a Diversified Communications Australia email account (@divcom.net.au). Any communication suggesting otherwise is not affiliated with Total Facilities in any way. We recommend you do not click on any links from e-mails from these types of accounts or from any that look suspicious. All Div Com preferred suppliers are included within our exhibitor website and portal.
Your banner must fall within your stand area and must not encroach on aisle-ways or adjoining stands. Double-sided banners must hang at least one meter in from the boundary of your stand. To arrange the rigging of a banner please contact Clifton Productions
To avoid obvious disputes, the distribution of promotional material or samples must be confined to your own stand. You are reminded that your exhibits and stand fitting must remain within the boundary of the space booked. Please design your stand accordingly as encroachment into the aisle will not be allowed. Exhibitors are not permitted to distribute promotional material in aisles or at the entrance to the exhibition. There is also a total ban on visitors canvassing within the exhibition. Please let us know if you see either of these things happening near your stand and our staff will have it stopped.
The exhibition aisles and bins are cleaned throughout the day. Stand floors are cleaned and bins emptied each night. Please notify the organisers if you will be producing a lot of waste during the exhibition as additional charges may be applied.
In line with exhibitor requests we have restricted visitor entry to business people only. Please include this in any promotion you may undertake and note the same restrictions apply to exhibitors. All onsite visitor registrations will be charged at $30 per person; to avoid this fee visitors can register online prior to the exhibition.
Every visitor will be issued with a name badge to assist you to identify them. If you wish to scan the barcodes on the badges you will need to hire a Sales Lead Tracker. For more information refer to the Sales Lead Tracker information
By now you should have received your client e- invitations, for further information visit the Exhibitor Services website or contact a member of our team
Please join us for the FoodTech Qld Exhibitor Drinks to network with industry leaders over a beverage and canapés.
Exhibitor Drinks will be held on Monday 29th July from 5:15pm, at the Central Bar.
Exhibitors will require a name badge for admission to the event.
Move - OUT
Exhibitors can dismantle their stands during the following times:
|Shell Scheme Stands & Space Only Product Removal|
|Tuesday||30th July||3.30pm – 10.00pm|
|Space Only Stands & Contractors|
|Tuesday||30th July||5.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Wednesday||31st July||7:00am – 4:00pm|
Please read the following instructions carefully and share them with your staff.
- No stands may be dismantled before the exhibition closes at 3:00pm.
- After closing there will be a 30-minute delay while the building is made safe and cleared of all visitors.
- Move out will not commence until every person within the halls is wearing a safety vest.
- Contractors may commence stand dismantle from 5:00 pm.
- All Shell Scheme exhibitors must be completely moved out by 10:00pm Tuesday 30th July
- Space only exhibitors need to be completely moved out by 4:00pm Wednesday 31st July
- All product and stand dressing materials must be removed by 10.00pm on Tuesday 30th July. If you have any issues complying with this time please see the Organiser’s Registration Desk prior to the exhibition close.
- All WH&S regulations on move in will also be enforced for move out.
In the interest of safety and convenience also take note of the following:
- Allow sufficient time and don’t rush.
- It is strongly recommended that all valuable items be removed first.
- Follow the directions of the security guards and allow them to do their job.
- Wear your exhibitor badge at all times.
Stock to be collected should be boxed and left in the middle of your stand with clear instructions, a contact name and mobile number of the person collecting the items. Items not clearly labeled will be regarded as rubbish and may be disposed of. Alternatively, goods may be stored with Agility Fairs and Events at the cost of the exhibitor.
To ensure the dismantling of the exhibition proceeds as smoothly as possible, please read the Dismantling Information.